How you can help
- Please contact us to coordinate your desire to help with our needs for volunteers and donations, Click HERE to send us an email if you want to help this worthwhile cause.
- Tax deductible donations of funds and food are critical to our program. Monetary donations can be made to the Conifer Rotary Foundation, PO Box 1430, Conifer CO 80433, with a notation: for the BackPack Project. Your donation purchases the food we need for feeding hungry school children. Food donations are also needed, please email us at email@example.com for information about food items that we need.
- Volunteers are needed to pick up food each month from the Food Bank of the Rockies Truck in Conifer and bring it to St. Laurence Episcopal Church to restock our pantry. On occasion volunteers are needed to pick up food at the Food Bank of the Rockies in Denver.
- Volunteers are needed to pack food at Deer Creek Elementary School in Bailey and pack food for the Jeffco schools at our pantry in Conifer. This generally takes from 30 minutes to an hour each week, we normally pack two days before the school breaks for the weekend.
- Volunteer drivers to take filled food bags to Fitzsimmons Middle School/Platte Canyon High School in Bailey, to Elk Creek Elementary School, West Jefferson Middle School, West Jefferson Elementary School and Conifer High School in Conifer.
- Volunteers needed to pick up and deliver fruit (2 pieces per student) each week to Deer Creek Elementary School and St. Laurence Church to be sent home in the food bags. The cost of the fruit is reimbursable.